Sellers had much to do leading up to Christmas, which created a slowdown in terms of new inventory for Austin Real Estate coming on the market. Have no fear your search will render new results over the next few days as people are able to clean up from the holiday, family and friends go back to the daily grind and our schedules go back to normal. I expect your inventory will pick up over the next week and buyers will as well.
If you aren’t on a custom home search with me and are considering purchasing a home in 2013, now is the time to contact me.
Real Estate Austin
The Austin real estate market is booming! Here are some fun facts:
- Austin will have 60,000 new jobs over the next 2 years.
- The Austin unemployment rate dropped to 4.9% (the national average is 7.8%)
- 130,000 people will be moving to Austin over the next 2 years
- Apple may become Austin’s largest employer
- Austin home sales could increase 20% to 25% over the next 12 to 18 months.
- All-cash transactions made up 30 percent of all home sales in November 2012
- 30 percent of November home purchases were first-time buyers
- Investors made up 19 percent of all closings in November
Homes for Sale in Austin
From what I have read the future over the next 2 years looks very bright. As the price of homes rise in Austin, the how far your dollar will go decreases. For example, if economists are right, you will need to pay $240,000 in the future to get a house that is now worth $200,000.
I wish you a safe, happy and prosperous 2013!